www.hotmail.com – Hotmail Login || How to sign-up in Hotmail/Live/Outlook? : Outlook.com, Hotmail, Live, and MSN 365 accounts are powered by Outlook.com. Hotmail.com using a Windows, Mac OS web browser or mobile device. Hotmail account sign in guide step by step. Hotmail login english.
- 1 How to sign in to Hotmail.com or Outlook.com?
- 2 Secure Hotmail Login Features offered by new Hotmail account
- 3 www.hotmail.com forgot password
- 4 Login www.hotmail.com Account on Different Devices
- 5 Initial Login Features of www.hotmail.com
- 6 What is Hotmail?
- 7 Now Hotmail is Outlook
How to sign in to Hotmail.com or Outlook.com?
Now let’s discuss on how to Hotmail login account.
To start with one has to visit the Outlook.com Domain at first. The following steps can be followed in order to access the Hotmail account:
Step #1. The user can type in Outlook.com or www.Hotmail.com in the browser’s URL which re-directs the user to the new domain automatically.
Step #2. The landing page or the home-page displays a common login panel comprising of different Microsoft services. No one should enter the required username for landing onto the next page. The username is the email address one entered or selected during the initial registration process.
Step #3. The next page asks for the password information which the user needs to fill in the textbox.
Step #4. The user can also move on to the previous page, i.e., to the page where the username (email address) was mentioned using the back button, in the email address that was incorrectly entered.
Step #5. If the entered username and password combination is correct, the user gets the access to the Hotmail or Outlook inbox with all the new features and look and feel.
Step #6. There is another link for ‘forgot my password’ which the user needs to use in case the user no longer remembers the exact password.
Secure Hotmail Login Features offered by new Hotmail account
‘Security’ is something which is regarded of utmost importance while designing the new and revamped Hotmail account. This results in fewer security breaches and helps the account of the user to be safe and secure. This in turns reduces the possibility of the personal data falling into unwanted hands.
- The two-step verification process adds to the security of the account which the users can activate for themselves. For this, the user needs to enter some additional details in order to make the account safer. These details need to be filled in as input in the security settings of the account section of Hotmail. These details include the following:
- Alternate Email Id: An Alternate Email id needs to be mentioned as a part of two-way verification process. This Email-id will serve as a backup email in order to reset the password.
- Registered Phone No: A registered phone number too is required and is an integral part of the two-step verification process.
Once these two details as entered by the user are verified, the user can use this information for retrieving the lost password. These two-step verification process also serves as a helping hand when the account is being logged in from a different device.
www.hotmail.com forgot password
The password is one of the most important aspects to log into any specified account. There are chances when the user forgets the previously entered password and is unable to log into his/her account. For this, there is another facility provided named as ‘Forgot Password’. There are different ways to retrieve the forgotten password. Some of them are mentioned below:
- There is a link ‘Forgot my Password’ below the login panel which when clicked begins the process of password retrieval. What the user then click on this link is navigated to a page where the user needs to enter an alternate email address or a registered number as entered while setting up the two-step verification process. If the registered number is entered the user likewise gets the verification code via text message which further can be used to set up a new password for the same.
- Security questions are another way of retrieval of the password the user no longer remembers. The user at the time of registration can choose the security questions which are helpful in case the user wishes to reset the password. These answers to the security question should match the answers entered during the registration process in order to retrieve the password.
- Hence, the two-step verification process serves a great help in securing the account of the user. The phone too can be synced with the account and the hassle of keying the password every time can be omitted with the help of security code as sent via text message.
- Mobility too is important in today’s era. The applications must be built in such a way that they could be accessed from any mobile device too at any given time. Hotmail applies to the Outlook apps and eases up the access.
- Now the user can log into the account at any time on mobile phones and other handheld devices on the go just by downloading the outlook application and entering in the credentials. Thus one can now check the business correspondence as well as share and create office documents on the go. There is integration to the social media as well which in turn allows the user to see the conversation, posts, and updates on the same platform.
- Though the new and refreshing services offered by the new outlook eases up the whole experience online, the old users who have created their account in the early nineties as a part of Hotmail can also access the old correspondence and folders that they created on this platform.
Login www.hotmail.com Account on Different Devices
Hotmail Log in on Personal Computers
- Open any web browser of your choice on your personal computer. Type login.live.com or www.hotmail.com in the address bar. Your web browser will take you to Microsoft sign-in page.
- This page will have two fields, asking your email Id and password. In the first field, you need to enter the email address that you created while signing up on Hotmail.
- Enter the email address and press next. If the email address entered by you is correct then you will be directed to the next screen otherwise Microsoft will ask you to correct your email address by giving an error saying invalid email id.
- The next page that you reach will ask you your account password. Type your correct password to proceed to the next page. Be sure of your password before entering it because Hotmail gives you a certain number of password correcting attempts after that your account will be locked.
- This completes your signing in process. You will now see your Hotmail screen. You may choose to go to the inbox option to check your Hotmail inbox.
Hotmail Login for Android
Nowadays everyone owns a smartphone and takes most of the work of PC using the smartphone. Signing in to your email account using a smartphone allows you to check your emails instantly at any place. Most of the people in the world owning a smartphone uses Android phones.
Hot mail allows you to check your emails anytime and anywhere by using its ability to be signed in on android devices. Let us see how we can sign in Hotmail account on Android platform:
- For sign in on an Android device, the user needs an app. The app needed is the Outlook app. The user can download this app by visiting the Google Play Store. For this, you need to go to Google play store, search the Outlook app using the keywords and download it then and there. After downloading the app, the apps get installed on your Android device.
- After downloading and installing the app, close the Google Play store and go to menu option of your android phone.
- Here you get to see the icons off all the apps that you have on your android device. From this list, search outlook app and open it.
- On opening the Outlook app, you get an option to add account. You have to select this option to add your Hotmail account to the outlook app on your android device.
- To add your account, enter your Hotmail email address in the designated column and click on next. Outlook will check that email validity and if it is correct, it will take you to the next option where you have to enter the correct password for your email address.
- You need to enter your email account password at the pace provided. Make sure to enter it correctly by entering a wrong password will prompt you to re-enter the correct password again.
- This will be asked only a few times during which you should be able to type your correct password. Failing to do so will result in locking your Hotmail account as the Outlook will detect that you are not an authorized person to log in the account.
- On correctly entering email address and password, you need to press sign in option. In doing so, you will get access to your Hotmail account on the Android device. You will then be taken to your Hotmail account where you can check your inbox, compose a new email and so on.
Hotmail sign in on iOS
iOS is referred to as apple operating system. If you are using an Apple device like iPhone, iPad etc., the following is the process to get access to your Hotmail account on iOS platform:
- Visit Apple Store on your iOS device and search for Outlook app. On finding the Outlook app, you need to select the app and request its download. After complete download, Outlook will install on your iOS device.
- On installation complete of Outlook app, close the Apple store and go to the main menu of your device where you can find all the apps. Select Outlook app among them and open it.
- In the app, go to Settings menu and tap on mail option. From that, choose Accounts option.
- Select ‘Add Account’ button. There you see many options.
- Choose Outlook.com from the options under add account. You will then see the login page.
- On the login option, you will see a designated place to type the email address. On this place, you need to type your Hotmail email address. After writing the email address, press next. Outlook will verify that the email address you entered is valid.
- You will now be asked to enter your password. Make sure of entering the correct password. After doing so, click on sign in option.
- In doing so you will gain access to your Hotmail account on your iOS device. You can then create email, check your inbox and so by using your iOS device.
Initial Login Features of www.hotmail.com
Now let’s talk about the features that were initially provided once the user logs into the Hotmail account.
After the creation of the account on Hotmail or Outlook.com, one can access different services as provided by the platform after entering the login id and password for the same.
There are several functions altogether the account offers to the user once he/she logs into the Hotmail account. The several features offered include task functions, an organization contact, calendar functions and other webmail facilities. After the merging of Hotmail and Outlook, the new version completely is more attractive leading to more accessibility and efficient web-based email platform.
The features Hotmail provided in the previous years were kind of simple and traditional. The steps required to Hotmail login account consisted of the following:
- One could enter the domain name i.e Hotmail.com or Outlook.com in the browser URL.
- Also, the user could use the home page of MSN or the main page of Hotmail login.
- After entering the required URL or navigating to the main page of Hotmail or MSN, one needs to enter the details namely username and password in the text fields provided.
- After the details such as username and password has been entered, the user needs to click on the submit button in order to Log in successfully.
- There is another functionality of ‘stay signed in’ which allows the user to enter the respective account without the hassle of entering the username and password again and again.
- The ‘stay signed in’ feature is used for the machines with a single user or single user systems.
What is Hotmail?
If you are searching for tips on www.hotmail.com Login, Hotmail login & Sign In or Outlook Login, then this website is for you. We have covered all topics about Hotmail Login Page, Create a New Hotmail Account, Sign up Hotmail, Sign In Hotmail, etc. It is mandatory to have Hotmail account for log in process. If you have not, you cannot log into the Hotmail or Outlook.
Hotmail presently known as outlook.com is a web-based collection of webmail, tasks, calendaring services and contacts as presented to the world by a software giant known as Microsoft. It was invented in 1996 by Sabir Bhatia and Jack Smith in California. The last version of Hotmail was released in October 2011 which was further replaced by Outlook.com in 2013.
It was December 2017 when Hotmail was sold to Microsoft for a whopping amount of $400 million. It became world’s largest webmail service by February 1999 with more than 30 million members reported at that time.
Now Hotmail is Outlook
It was the late nineties when Hotmail really came into existence. That time the Email services were considered to be a novelty service. Presently, it is used by several users who have been using Hotmail for several decades. After which it was brought by the great software giant namely Microsoft as a part of MSN platform.
Microsoft further integrated several other services into the old framework to give Hotmail a completely new design and functionality. Currently, the Microsoft has integrated Hotmail and Outlook on the same modern and responsive webmail interface.
The time when Hotmail was launched, it brought into picture the concept of free email service which was based on WWW or World Wide Web. The users now could freely create an account online with no cost applied.
The users could access their own account anywhere in the world, anytime on any device such as Personal Computers, Cell phones, and other handheld devices provided the devices were connected to the internet. It is no wonder how far the advancements in technology have brought Hotmail altogether from a few users in late nineties to a whopping million number of subscribers at present.