how To create a www.hotmail.com account you have to create a Microsoft account. To do this, go to www.login.live.com and create a new account. Hotmail is one of the popular and the most widely used internet email service launched in 1996 which can be accessed using the Microsoft outlook account. This account is the most commonly used platform to send and receive emails in the world. With the increase in the technologies and trends, large and small organizations have adapted to use this service as the integral part of the email exchanges. Microsoft has undergone diversified changes in recent days to improve the usability. When someone refers to outlook, one means to say that is a desktop or an email-based client which is used widely to enter the communication word of mail exchanges.
Hotmail offered some unique and independent features which made it a stock of eye. Creators of Hotmail differentiated it from one of the most running ISP of that time – AOL. The version was also known as MSN Hotmail. The newer technologies are getting this further to the new set of services and products designed to impress the end user and improve the experience on the windows platforms.
At the time of implementation of Hotmail, as it also significantly became the most trusted email exchange service, the technology increment interested people to choose the secured version of the same and leaving the rest. Outlook debuted way back on MS-DOS platform and didn’t get attention to the user until it was packaged with the new features and secure email transaction as in Hotmail. With every release on the Microsoft additional packages, both web and desktop clients of outlook gained their importance by linking them to third parties, securing networks, securing data and avoiding the data breach, phishing, validating incoming and outgoing emails and list goes on ending.
Coming to the introduction, Hotmail was one of the oldest email exchange service launched in 1996, which provided free service of incoming and outgoing emails. This has led to the translation of the new technology as well as a bigger change in the people life. With a simple internet connection and a computer, people were readily into communication which in turn helped in making peer to peer communication model.
People from any part of the world can send a message or a business communication on a single tap and instantly. The change in the mode of communication not only helped bigger firms into business but also helped a simple man life to communicate with anyone in any part of the world. in today’s world, Hotmail, also known as Outlook, as Microsoft acquired the complete email service and transitioned into a new look.
This change not only resulted in the most widely used mail exchange service for companies and other areas of communication, other third-party firms also utilized its service to provide the end to end model of communication model between the channels. The limitations do not only extend to writing a simple email but also to send the copies of docs, photos, music and other files and exchange between peer to peer in just seconds of the time. Hotmail, now popularly known as Outlook also provides its interactions with all third-party channels like Skype, Xbox, and other communication services.
How to create Hotmail account
Creating a Hotmail account is a super easy process and involves following steps:
- The user has to navigate to hotmail.com or outlook.com in a web browser. The browser you can use can be anyone available in the market ranging from chrome, firefox, safari.
- The above-mentioned process can be utilized on a computer or any of the mobile devices, with just the internet connection in place.
- Once tried to navigate to the URL, the user is navigated to outlook sign in page.
- The user here has to enter his user id and password and can click on sign in to enter the outlook email web page.
- If the user is not registered already, he/she needs to register himself, and on the sign in page, the user needs to click on ‘create a new account’ option. It is usually present on the top right corner of the Microsoft outlook page.
On the creation of account page, the user needs to enter the required details:
- Firstly you would need to enter the preferred email id in the first text present on the page.
- The user once enters the preferred login, and the user will be able to choose the domain from the drop-down. If the user selects hotmail.com as the domain from the drop-down, the email id will be present as (selected or preferred user id) @hotmail.com. The chosen username should be unique as on registering.
- The outlook will validate if any other person does not take the user id in the account.
- If it is taken, you will be provided with an alert message to change the user id to something else and also will be provided with suggestions to choose from.
- The next field you will be navigated to will be the password field, and the user will have to enter a password which will only be remembered by the user, and it should ideally contain 8 characters.
- The user should be able to create a password with some caps, numbers and special characters to ensure the safety of his own email id. The password should be in such a way, it can be recalled easily when required by a user.
- The next field comes as a ‘send a promotional email by Microsoft’ option, which is just below the password field. if the user is interested in receiving promotional emails, which will be promoting the products from Microsoft, the user can click on the checkbox. In case the user is not interested in the emails from the Microsoft regarding the promotions, the user can uncheck, and the user will not have emails from the Microsoft promoting their items.
- On clicking the next button seen below the password field, the user navigates to the next page wherein user has to enter the first and last name, and the user can click on next button in blue color.
- The next page will be related to the country or the region you belong to. There will be a box wherein user has the option to select the region or the country and region. The user can choose from the countries listed down in the drop-down and choose the country he belongs to.
- Note: The outlook also has the facility to detect the location automatically, and the user doesn’t have to choose the selections from the dropdowns.
- Next field is to select the birthdate where the user can choose the birthdate on the dropdowns of month, date and year. Once the user is able to choose from the dropdowns available.
The next option is to add the security information. This is mainly to enable the security in the Hotmail account. This will also be helpful to prove you are the one looking to make a change to the Hotmail account. This is carried out as follows:
- This service will link your phone number and which will allow you to set up security by verifying the phone no using the one time password to your phone number. You will need to enter the OTP (one-time password) you received on the phone no, to enable the safety of the account.
- The next step is to verify the captcha present in the table and will enable to verify if you are not a machine. This is usually done to reduce the redundant usage of any account by automating many ids and creating thousands of accounts. Note: The letters are case sensitive, and user needs to enter them in the box present below. Also, the user, in case needs to hear the terms, also click on audio to listen to them and complete the process of entering a captcha. If the person is unable to read the code correctly, the user has the option to change the code by clicking on refresh button present near the captcha box.
- Once the code is entered correctly, you can click on next.
Make a Hotmail Email Alias
After all pieces of information are entered, the user can create up to 10 aliases at a time. If a user needs to create new aliases, the below process needs to be followed:
- You need to sign in the Hotmail account and click on the ‘your info’ button present in the header of the page.
- On clicking the same, after navigating to the info page, you need to choose on the manage sign-in email address option which will be present on the email id for the account.
- Clicking the manage your sign-in email or phone number option below the email id present for the account in info page, the user has to enter the email id in the address bar provided.
- You can validate the alias created by clicking on the ‘add alias’ option, and the new email alias will be created and you will be intimated with the new account created by the email on the primary email id.
Usual problems in Hotmail Sign in
There are several problems one can encounter while performing a sign-in function using Hotmail. Some of them are as mentioned below:
- If you have any troubles in logging through the outlook or Hotmail account, which usually happens when the user has some accounts, and the user has forgotten the password. This can be corrected by resetting the password and again validating the user can log in to the account. Resetting of the password can be done by using the steps as mentioned.
- Navigating to Hotmail sign in page and selecting the option or clicking on the link – forgot the password. This on clicking will navigate to the new page, wherein you need to go through a process and follow the steps to reset the password.
- Once the user clicks on forget password – the user is navigated to – password reset page and choose the option why you want to change the password. You will be on the page, asked to enter the email id registered with the outlook and also the captcha characters you will be able to see on the screen needs to be entered on the page.
- On clicking next, the user will be allowed to validate the security info of the Hotmail account and will receive the password on the phone no. On receiving the OTP, the user can enter the same in the text provided and then will get access to create a new password.
- The caps lock should always be in caps off mode, the Hotmail account will not be accessible in case the caps are on, and user needs to enter the password once again.
New device sign in
If you need to enter the Hotmail account into some new devices and you opt to use the phone when on remote availability, Microsoft might not allow using the account. This is because, it always keeps a track of the unusual sign in, even in case the password entered is correct. This will not allow you to gain access to the inbox.
To get this access, you might need to go through some justifications to provide the details to prove that you are real and also provide the sign in access from the device you will be using to get the access to the inbox.